How To Apply Makeup Primer?
If you’re willing to incorporate a makeup primer into your makeup routine, I’ll tell you how to use face primer to make the most of it. But before that, here are some great primers that you can try –
Benefit POREfessional Face Primer, Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer, Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser, e.l.f Cosmetics Blemish Control Primer.
How To Apply Primer – A Step-By-Step Tutorial With Pictures
Follow these simple steps to learn how to apply makeup primer and help your makeup last all day long.
1. Prep Your Skin
This step is crucial if you want your makeup to look flawless. Use a gentle cleanser to wash your face, exfoliate and apply a lightweight moisturizer before anything else. Let it sink into your skin.
2. Applying Primer
How to apply foundation primer to even out Take a small amount of your primer at the back of your hand, and simply apply it with your fingertips, blending from the nose outwards. Once it’s fully blended, your skin will look more even-toned and luminous, and your foundation will sit better. Wait a few minutes after application, before you go in with your foundation, to allow the primer to sink in and create a smooth surface. You can also use the primer alone without any foundation if you want to keep it simple.
This is how your skin will look after application. You’ll see that the appearance of your pores and fine lines has visibly reduced. Also, it helps tackle redness and smoothen out the texture of your skin.
Tips: Making The Best Of Your Primer
If you’ve come this far, I’m sure you’re keen on actually trying out a primer now. Here are a bunch of tips and tricks that will come in handy when you’re applying your primer.
- When it comes to primer, less is more. A small raisin-sized drop will suffice. Rub this into the skin well for even coverage.
- Always apply moisturizer BEFORE you apply the primer.
- If your skin is dull, try a tinted primer to help add some glow and life back into your skin.
- Always make sure your primer is compatible with your foundation. You want to use water-based primers with water-based foundation, and silicone-based primers with the same foundations. This will prevent your base from separating.
- Apply primer around the eyes and on the lids as well. This helps prevent makeup from smudging or creasing by absorbing oils. It also softens crow’s feet.